Cypress Drive Commercial Matching Grant
About the Grant Program
The goal of the Commercial Matching Grant program is to revitalize existing small business areas within the Town of Jupiter.
The grant program is intended for existing small business property owners who are interested in doing significant exterior improvements to their business.
The program will provide matching grants, up to $25,000, to reimburse for improvements to small business properties, based on the availability of funds allocated in the Town budget. Businesses will be required to match each dollar of grant funds with one dollar from their own funds.
Collaborative projects with neighbors are strongly encouraged and will be given high priority by the Town of Jupiter. A signed and executed agreement by the property owner is required. Projects started or completed prior to application are not eligible for reimbursement. All proposed upgrades shall be reviewed by the Town and appropriate permits secured where required.
To apply, fill out this application: Cypress Drive Commercial Matching Grant
What kinds of projects are eligible?
Screening, Walls and Fencing: includes work to replace or add appropriate fencing or screening to hide areas such as storage yards, dumpsters, outdoor fabrication or work areas from public view.
Landscaping: includes upgrading existing or new landscaping and irrigation. New landscape areas should be designed and installed in a way to assist with stormwater drainage.
Building Facades: work performed on the exterior storefront of a building including masonry, painting, window or door replacement, architectural elements, other repairs or rebuilding historic storefronts.
Architectural Fees: not to exceed 20 percent of the grant amount.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible, small businesses must be located within the Town of Jupiter and must meet a minimum of three of the criteria listed below. Additional Criteria will be used to prioritize projects. Both owner-occupied and leased properties can apply for these matching grants. Only one grant per street address will be given. Applicants may only apply once during any 365-day period. All taxes must be current and the property must not have any active code violations.
- Located on Cypress Drive
- Proposed improvements will face a main roadway.
- Owner/operator (excluding franchisee).
- Building or site originally built before current landscape codes (December 1990) and the proposed improvements will bring the property closer to current landscape codes.
- Proposed improvements will enhance the buffer abutting a residential neighborhood.
- Located in a redevelopment/overlay district (ROA).*
* To see if you are located in a ROA, click here Version OptionsCypress Drive Commercial Matching GrantHeadline. There are three area maps - Redevelopment Overlay (ROA), Center Street ROA or Inlet Village ROA.