Historic Resources Board
In order to maintain Jupiter's unique, small-town feel, the Town works to safeguard its historical and archeological sites, landmarks and special places. To that end, the Historic Resources Board was created by the Town Council to promote the preservation and conservation of historic and archaeological resources.
Historic Preservation Incentive Program
As part of the Town of Jupiter’s efforts to preserve the Town’s significant historic structures on private property, the Town Council established an incentive program to assist property owners in preserving and maintaining their buildings under a local historic designation. These incentives include:
- Waiver or reimbursement of fees associated with local historic designation applications.
- Variances to specific Town land use development regulations.
- Tax exemptions of up to 100% of the assessed value of all improvements to historically designated properties resulting from restoration, renovation or rehabilitation.
- Eligibility in the Town’s historic preservation grant program.
- Adaptive reuse of residential dwelling units for limited commercial uses.
Grant Funding for Historic Preservation
The Town offers a grant program for certain exterior and interior preservation, restoration or rehabilitation improvements. For more information, please visit our webpage.