AARP Smart Driver Course
Information on safe driving techniques, navigating dangerous road conditions and avoiding accidents
Wednesday, September 27, 2023 (FULL)
Thursday, November 2, 2023 (Registration opens 30 days prior to class)
Wednesday, January 17, 2024 (Registration opens 30 days prior to class)
Wednesday, March 6, 2024 (Registration opens 30 days prior to class)
Wednesday, May 15, 2024 (Registration opens 30 days prior to class)
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Jupiter Community Center, 200 Military Trail
Pre-registration is required. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Beginning Fall, 2023 the AARP Smart Driver Classroom Course will return every other month to the Jupiter Community Center as long as the instructor is available. This course teaches proven driving techniques to help keep you and your loved ones safe on the road.
Additionally, you’ll learn:
- Important facts about the effects of medication on driving.
- How to reduce driver distractions.
- How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car.
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes and new technology found in cars today.
- Techniques for handling left turns, right-of-way, and roundabouts.
- Age-related physical changes and how to adjust your driving to compensate.
To RSVP, you must have a Town of Jupiter Parks & Recreation account. To log in, or to create an account, please click here Version Options AARP Smart Driver CourseHeadline or you may call 561-741-2400 for assistance, Mon-Fri, 8 am - 9 pm and Saturdays except June 3 - Sept 4), 8 am - 4 pm.
- Pre-registration is required. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- If you register and are unable to attend please call 561-741-2400 to cancel your RSVP as soon as possible.
- Max participants is 25.
- There are no reminders for this program so please, please add this to your own calendar.
To find other in-person classes near you please visit the AARP Safe Driving webpage by clicking here.
We do plan to offer classes periodically in the coming year. As new classes are confirmed with AARP they will be posted here immediately.
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Thursday, November 2, 2023
Class Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Class duration: 6 hours)
For Your Information:
- Please bring with you a sweater or jacket.
- A snack or light lunch with something to drink.
- If you are an AARP Member bring your membership card to receive membership rate.
- Restrooms, water fountain and soda/snack machines are in close proximity to the classroom.seHeadlin