What are the required setbacks for my property?
Please call the Planning and Zoning Counter at 741-2323 to connect you with the Planning Tech on call service. To better assist you please refer to the property by the address and/or subdivision of the property. The Town's setbacks may be determined by the Planned Unit Development (PUD) "rules" that were agreed to when your subdivision was approved by Town Council, or they may be determined by the underlying Zoning District of the property. You will need to know if your property is in a PUD, the appropriate zoning district and the lot dimensions if you plan to check your own setbacks.

Please call the Planning and Zoning counter at 561-741-2323 or email the Planning & Zoning department.

Show All Answers

1. What is the current zoning and land use designation of my property?
2. What are the required setbacks for my property?
3. What are overlay districts?
4. What is a variance?
5. Can I get a variance for the use I want on my property?
6. How do I get a copy of a permitted site plan or an old survey of my home?
7. What is an easement?
8. What is my PCN (Property Control Number)?
9. May I split my property into two or more parcels?
10. What is the Comprehensive Plan?
11. What is the difference between a Future Land Use and a zoning district?
12. How does a property get annexed?
13. If my property is unincorporated, why would I want to consider annexing into the Town?
14. How does the Town benefit from annexation?
15. But I don't want to pay more taxes. Won't annexation mean more money out of my pocket each year?
16. Who decides the outcome of an annexation by referendum?
17. What if I vote no, but my neighbor votes yes?
18. Why doesn't the County stop annexation from taking place?