How do I get a copy of a traffic crash report?

How to request a copy of a police report: 

  1. In person: You may request a copy of a police report by coming in person to our Records Section. Depending on the type of report, you may be asked to present identification.
  2. By mail: In order to provide you with a copy of a police report by mail, we must receive your payment, a written request for the report and a self addressed stamped envelope before we can send you the report. When you make your request, you will be notified of the amount due for your copies.
  3. By fax: You may fax your request to the Records Section at (561) 746-4545. Please make sure you include your contact telephone number so that we may respond to you regarding your request and the amount due for your copies.
  4. By e-mail: You may request a report by e-mailing our Records Section:

How to request a copy of a traffic crash report:
Crash reports are only available to parties listed on the crash report, their insurance companies and attorneys during the first 60 days following the date of the report. After the 60 days, the report becomes available to anyone who may request it. Section 316.066, Florida Statutes, "Written reports of crashes", governs the completion and subsequent distribution of traffic crash reports.

Traffic crash reports are exempt from public disclosure for 60 days after the date the report is filed, except for parties involved in the crash and other specific parties (insurance companies; attorneys) outlined in the statute. This statute also provides criminal penalties (third degree felony) for the unlawful disclosure of confidential personal information and for unlawfully obtaining or attempting to obtain confidential personal information.

Within 60 days: If you are listed as a party on the crash report (driver, passenger, pedestrian, insurance company, etc.), you may request a copy of the crash report by coming in person to our Records Section and presenting identification.

After 60 days:
Traffic crash reports are no longer exempt from public disclosure after the 60 day period following the date the report is filed. After the 60 day period, anyone may request a copy of the crash report by coming in person to our Records Section or following the instructions above for obtaining a copy of a report by mail or fax.

You may also contact the Palm Beach County Traffic Division at (561) 684-4030. They are located on the third floor at 2300 N. Jog Road, West Palm Beach, FL 33411-2745. Their 'Traffic Accident Records Section' is responsible for collecting, coordinating and analyzing all traffic accident reports and records for all law enforcement agencies in Palm Beach County, including the Florida Highway Patrol.
For copies of crash reports dating back more than 12 months, you can also write to the Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles, Room B-310, MS 28, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0537.

To request a report from the D.H.S.M.V., you will need to submit a Request a Crash Report form, a check or money order for $10 made payable to D.H.S.M.V. and a self-addressed stamped envelope. You will need to provide the exact date of the crash, the names of any known drivers and the location, including the city and/or county, of the crash.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find Jupiter Crime Stats?
2. How do I get a copy of a police report?
3. Where can I go to get fingerprinted?
4. How do I find out about sexual predators?
5. How do I file for a restraining order?
6. How do I enroll a loved one in the Special Needs Registry?
7. How do I get a copy of a traffic crash report?
8. I received a traffic ticket. What are my options?
9. How do I request a house/business check while I am away?
10. How do I retrieve lost/seized/forfeited property?
11. How do I pay for my parking ticket?
12. Should my child be in a child safety seat?
13. Where can I get my child safety seat checked/installed?
14. Do I need to wear a seat belt?
15. Do I need an alarm permit?
16. How do I find out if someone is wanted?
17. How can I get a background investigation completed?
18. What are my rights as a Landlord/Tenant?
19. How do I get a Florida driver's license or I.D. card?
20. How do I register my vehicle/boat/trailer?
21. How do I get a vehicle identification number (VIN) verified?
22. How do I apply for a passport?
23. How do I apply for a social security number?
24. How do I register to vote?
25. How do I get a fishing/hunting permit?
26. I believe someone else used my identity when they were arrested. What do I do?
27. Where can I learn how to perform CPR?
28. How do I dispose of unused medicines?
29. Where can I find citizenship and immigration information?
30. Where are my local fire stations?
31. Where are the manatee protection and marine speed zones?
32. How can I volunteer at the Jupiter Police Department?
33. How do I become a Police Explorer?
34. What is the Citizen Police Academy?
35. What is the Junior Police Academy?
36. What is the Jupiter Community High School Criminal Justice Academy?
37. What Jupiter police district do I live in?