- The Seminole Wars
The Seminole Wars
Did You Know?
The following information was taken from the book "Guns Across the Loxahatchee" by Richard J. Procyk, which is an archaeohistorical investigation of Seminole war sites in Florida, with a special focus on the Battle of Loxahatchee, January 24, 1838.
Did you know that there were three Seminole Wars during the period between 1818 and 1858?
Did you know that the second Seminole War (1835-1842) was an undeclared war, and the "most protracted armed conflict engaged in by US Armed forces" until the Vietnam War?
Do you know what slavery had to do with the Seminole Wars?
What do you know about the two Battles of the Loxahatchee fought in Jupiter in January 1838?
Read More Articles About the Seminole Wars
- Seminole Indian War
- More About the Seminole Wars
- Battle of Okeechobee
- Riverbend Park - Site of Historical Battle
- Famous Old Soldiers
- Battle of the Loxahatchee
- Military Trail
- The Letter
- Excerpt from "Guns Across the Loxahatchee" by Richard J. Procyk
- The War Continue Over Old Battle Sites (2000)
- History in the Shores
- Did you Know?
- Unveiling of Battlefield Art featured in Jupiter Courier Newsweekly, Apr 16, 2015 - Community Features
- Seminole Wars Heritage Trail
- Seminole Indian History and Culture presented by Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum
- Black Seminoles vs. Red Seminoles
- Campaigning in the Everglades
- The Battles of the Loxahatchee River by Richard Procyk