Youth Summer Day Camp 2024
The 2024 Youth Summer Day Camp is the place for exciting adventures and a summer of memories!
Jupiter Parks and Recreation takes great pride in offering quality camp programs and activities. The goal of our camp programs is to provide a positive summer experience for children that is safe, fun and rewarding for all. Our mission is to recruit dedicated and enthusiastic counselors to ensure the best youth programs for the children of Jupiter. Safety and staffing continue to be the first priority for our camp program. Due to the ongoing challenges of recruitment and hiring of qualified staff, the overall capacity of the 2024 Day Camp will be dictated by the number of employees we are able to hire.
|Summer camp registration kicks off at the Jupiter Community Center on Saturday, March 2 at 7:00 am. Make sure you know what to expect at registration with the Town's Know Before You Go Guide.
Please note the following for the 2024 Youth Summer Day Camp:
- This Camp is open to residents of incorporated Jupiter only. Residency can be checked here- https://pbcpao.gov/index.htm. Municipality will indicate “Jupiter” if the address is in Incorporated Jupiter.
- Fee increase for 2024 is due to use of charter buses instead of school buses for field trip transportation, the addition of on-site security detail at the Jupiter Community Center during peak Camp hours and rising costs for camper shirts.
- Updates to the physical registration process have been made in order to reduce wait times on the morning of registration. As in any first-come, first-served registration process, parents should anticipate a wait regardless of process improvements. All efforts will be made to make this process as efficient as possible for everyone.
- In an effort to reduce wait times during registration, parents should come prepared with printed copies or screen shots of all required registration documentation.
Youth Day Camp Ages
*Campers must turn 5 years old but may not turn 14 years old prior to the start of camp. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Youth Camp Dates (2 Sessions)
Session 1: Monday, June 10 - Friday, July 5 (No Camp Wednesday, 6/19 and Thursday, 7/4)
Session 2: Monday, July 8 - Friday, August 2
Youth Day Camp Hours
Youth Day Camp Fee
Session 1: $805*
Session 2: $895
Both Sessions: $1700
*Session one is discounted due to Town closures for holidays on 6/19 and 7/4
Fee includes minimum 15:1 child to counselor ratio, 5 camp t-shirts, 1 swim shirt, field trip fees, staffing, charter bus transportation and a Jupiter Police Department security detail officer stationed at the Jupiter Community Center during peak camp hours. Fees do not include lunch or snacks.
Registration begins Saturday March 2nd at 7:00am; Jupiter Community Center
- Registration is in-person only and will be conducted on a first come first serve basis until all spaces are filled.
- The 2024 Summer Youth Day Camp will be limited to Incorporated Jupiter Residents ONLY.
- Recreation staff will assign age groups and sessions until all spaces are full. A limited waiting list for each age group will be created if needed.
- Registration MUST be completed in person by the child’s parent or legal guardian due to liability waiver signatures required at the time of registration. Grandparents, extended family or friends will not be permitted to register children.
Please check the Palm Beach County Property Appraiser Public Access website ahead of time to determine Incorporated Jupiter Residency:
Municipality will indicate “Jupiter” if the address is in Incorporated Jupiter.
Proof of Residency Required Documents
The following must be shown at the time of your in-person registration. Registration will not be permitted if missing any requested documentation below. (No exceptions, even if child has attended previous Town of Jupiter camp):
- Birth certificate (or copy) for all NEW children registering for camp
- Valid Driver’s License with current incorporated Town of Jupiter address; if you have recently relocated to incorporated Jupiter, you must have a driver’s license with your new address.
AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A 2024 water, cable, land-line phone or power bill, property tax form or current rental contract that matches NAME and ADDRESS on driver’s license
Having these documents printed or a screenshot on your phone readily available at the time of registration will help expedite the registration process for everyone.
Deposit & Payment Plan
- A minimum of $200 deposit per child is required to be paid by Tuesday March 5, 2024.
- Payments can be made at the front desk after registration, online, or during Monday and Tuesday's Community Center hours of operation (8:00am-8:00pm)
- Any payments NOT received by 11:59pm, on Tuesday March 5 will result in loss of space(s)
- Payments may be made by credit card (Visa, MC, AmEx), check or cash.
- Payment Plan Option- $200 deposit/child will be due at the time of registration. Final payments will be due by Saturday, May 11, 2024 . Failure to comply may result in a loss of space(s).
AGE GROUP PLACEMENT
2024 Age Groups: 5 year olds, 6-7 year olds, 8-9 year olds, 10-11 year olds and 12-13 year olds. Children are not permitted to move up an age group unless their birthday falls between June 10 - September 1 (PBCSD enrollment cut-off date) and their change in age would fall into the next age group (no exceptions). Parents will need to choose their age group at the time of registration and any changes after that may not be accommodated.
Each day, the Youth Summer Day Camp will be based at the Jupiter Community Center. Our facility includes 2 gymnasiums, multiple classrooms, a game room, an auditorium, and a playground. On-site activities may include, but are not limited to:
The Youth Day Camp will travel off site on field trips up to 3 days per week on charter buses. Field trips may include the pool, parks and playgrounds, bowling, skating, movie theaters, water parks, mini golf, trampoline parks, arcades, zoos, museums and more. Campers are expected to participate in all scheduled activities including field trips and are not permitted to stay on-site or join another group due to safety and required ratios. A weekly detailed schedule will be available prior to the start of camp indicating the trip or activity for each day of camp.
A $100 per child non-refundable administrative fee will apply to any refunds requested prior to the start of camp. Once camp has started, a $100 per child non-refundable administrative fee will be applied as well as a prorated refund through the first week of the session. No refunds will be granted after the first week of the session.