Jim Kuretski, a resident of the Shores of Jupiter neighborhood, elected to Jupiter's Town Council in March 2001, is serving his sixth term. He graduated from the University of Miami and is a Florida Registered Professional Engineer.
Mr. Kuretski's goals for Jupiter include:
- Help keep Jupiter as a uniquely special place to live.
- Continue to oppose new development and re-development projects that aren’t a good fit for Jupiter, and advocate that other Council Members should do likewise.
- Transportation Planning: Ensure that new development and re-development projects do not overburden Jupiter's roadways and/or create unacceptable impacts to our existing neighborhoods.
- Island Way - southern extension: Complete this new roadway to reduce traffic congestion on Indiantown Road, and at its intersection with Central Blvd.
- Abacoa: Ensure that development of the remaining parcels in Town Center and Workplace Districts are implemented in accordance with original project approval commitments and pursue improvement opportunities that arise.
- Enhanced Property Values: Continue to pursue expanded partnerships with neighborhood associations to respond to service needs and help revitalize targeted neighborhoods. Update policy/plans to maintain vitality of local business community and revitalize targeted areas.
Jim and his wife Terri have been married for 35 years and have 3 daughters and 2 grandchildren. His favorite pastimes are spending time with his family and their Christmas light display.