Jim Kuretski, a resident of the Shores of Jupiter neighborhood, is in his first term as Mayor of Jupiter. Kuretski has spent more than 20 years serving the residents of Jupiter, as he was first elected to Town Council in 2001 and went on to win re-election five times before running for Mayor. He is a graduate of the University of Miami and is a Florida Registered Professional Engineer.
Mr. Kuretski's goals for Jupiter include:
- Help keep Jupiter as a uniquely special place to live.
- Continue to oppose new development and re-development projects that aren’t a good fit for Jupiter, and advocate that other Council Members should do likewise.
- Transportation Planning: Ensure that new development and re-development projects do not overburden Jupiter's roadways and/or create unacceptable impacts to our existing neighborhoods.
- Island Way - southern extension: Complete this new roadway to reduce traffic congestion on Indiantown Road, and at its intersection with Central Blvd.
- Abacoa: Ensure that development of the remaining parcels in Town Center and Workplace Districts are implemented in accordance with original project approval commitments and pursue improvement opportunities that arise.
- Enhanced Property Values: Continue to pursue expanded partnerships with neighborhood associations to respond to service needs and help revitalize targeted neighborhoods. Update policy/plans to maintain vitality of local business community and revitalize targeted areas.
Jim and his wife Terri have been married for 41 years and have 3 daughters and 4 grandchildren. His favorite pastimes are spending time with his family and their Christmas light display.