The Jupiter Police Department is now accepting applications for the Police Explorer Program.
To be considered for membership, applicants must pass
the following qualifications:
· Applicants will be subject to a full background
investigation. No applicant will be considered who has any felony convictions
or any misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude or violence.
· Applicants must sit for a competitive oral board interview process with the Post Advisors.
· Must have a sincere interest in Law Enforcement,
attend EIGHT (8) CONSECUTIVE regular meetings prior to acceptance into the
Post, be of good moral character and be willing to participate in the
activities and meetings of the Explorer Post.
· Must be at least 14 years of age and have
completed the 8th grade. Membership may be continued up to the twenty-first
· All members of school age must remain in school
and maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average for entrance and continuance in
· Proof of grades will be provided to the Senior
Advisor prior to entrance and at the end of each grading period. Any member who
drops below a 2.0 average may be placed on academic probation until the
following marking period.
· Semi-annual P.A.L.M.’S and driver’s license (if
applicable) checks will be conducted on all members. If any crimes become
known, or are found during the record check, the member may be dismissed from
the Post. All Explorers who operate a
motor vehicle are required to have a valid driver’s license (F.S.S. 322.03).
Violation of these procedures may prohibit entrance or continuance in the
· All members will have a 3 month probationary
period. No member shall be disqualified due to race, color, creed or sex.
· Any member missing three (3) meetings and/or
functions in a three (3) month period without a valid reason shall be reviewed
for disciplinary action or possible termination from the Post.
· Members must attend all Post functions such as
fund raisers and community events. Attendance may be excused with a valid
reason and prior approval by a Post Advisor.
· All Explorers will be expected to comply with
the following strict disciplinary requirements that go along with being part of
a structured paramilitary organization that prides itself on discipline and the
proper order of their members.
Applications will be accepted through August 31, 2018. For more information or to complete an application, please contact Officer Trisha Heuser.