Please take notice that a Public Hearing on the item listed below will be held in the Council Chambers of the Municipal Complex, 210 Military Trail, Jupiter, Florida at 7:00 PM on:
TBA Local Planning Agency (aka Planning and Zoning Commission)
TBA Town Council Hearing (1st reading)
TBA Town Council Hearing (2nd reading) – tentative date
Evaluation and Appraisal Report (EAR) based Comprehensive Plan Text Amendments – To modify the Future Land Use, Transportation, Housing, Conservation, Coastal Management, Recreation and Open Space, Infrastructure, and Capital Improvements elements related to incorporating statutorily required changes and additional changes that include the following major items:
- Remove policy to adopt a new mixed use zoning district.
- Amend date for requiring developments near public transit stations to support transit use to correspond with area master planning efforts.
- Modify transportation level of service evaluation and coordination to an ongoing basis.
- Update Water Master Plan and Water Supply Facilities Work Plans to latest dates.
- Modify date to incorporate public facilities concurrency criteria into the land development regulations.
- Modify policies to maintain the Town’s Florida Green Building Silver Certification, adopt a Sustainability Plan, and conduct a Vulnerability Assessment.
- Add the original name of the historic Jupiter Presbyterian Church.
- Add a new objective and policy to implement Vision Zero to improve traffic safety and reduce of traffic fatalities.
- Modify Recreation level of service standards to change the roller hockey standard and add a pickleball standard.
- Modifications to require a minimum of four of five Town Council members to vote to amend a property’s future land use or zoning designation from conservation or recreation to another use, or to remove a conservation or recreation protection easement, declaration of covenant, or other legal instrument granted to the Town.
- Add a policy stating that conservation and recreation land use designations shall be assigned to properties 10 acres or greater to be consistent with conservation or recreation uses per approved development orders.
- Update the non-residential linkage fee policy to reflect that linkage fees were established in 2015 and will be revaluated as part of the EAR process.
- Emphasize the protection of submerged lands/habitat and living shorelines in several policies within the Conservation and Coastal elements.
*Titles maybe subject to revisions prior to approval.
At such times and place the Local Planning Agency (aka: Planning and Zoning Commission) and the Town Council are scheduled to hear all evidence and arguments in support or in opposition to this item. Anyone desiring to appeal a decision of the presiding body on matters considered at this meeting or hearing will need a record of the proceedings. They may need to ensure that a verbatim record is made, including the testimony and evidence on which the appeal is based. The Town of Jupiter does not provide such a record.
Please check the Planning and Zoning Commission agenda and the Town Council agenda to verify the hearing dates. These agendas are typically posted with supporting documentation on the Town of Jupiter website a week before the meeting. They can be found in the left side menu under Agendas & Minutes at www.jupiter.fl.us.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Schneider, Planning and Zoning Department at (561) 741-2290.
Carol Bass, Secretary Teri Grooms, Chair
Planning and Zoning Department Planning and Zoning Commission
Posted on www.jupiter.fl.us website: March 24, 2023