Jupiter Shop Small
Jupiter Businesses…Get Your Customers to Shop Small®
Saturday, November 30, 2019
Since 2010, the Saturday after Thanksgiving has been know as 'Small Business Saturday' to encourage people to Shop Small and bring more holiday shopping to small businesses.
Small Business Saturday continues to be an annual holiday shopping tradition — just one part of the larger Shop Small Movement to support small businesses every day and everywhere. Because a visit to the family-owned framing shop or a stop at the neighborhood taco truck not only supports our local economies, but also promotes thriving communities.
The Town of Jupiter will be promoting traffic to the Jupiter Facebook Shop Small event page for businesses to list their information or any promotions going on for Shop Small® Saturday and beyond.
Shop Local, Shop Small
What Can Businesses Do?
You can post comments and links on the Jupiter Shop Small® event page with offers, promotions, sale announcements and awareness campaigns starting today.
What are some potential ideas for promotions and campaigns?
- e-Coupons: add a simple post to the Jupiter Shop Small® Facebook page containing a special “code”. Encourage customers to say or show the code when they make a purchase for a percentage or dollar-value off.
- Links to promotions on your website or Facebook page: post a link to a specific page on your website or to your Facebook page containing offers, coupons or specials. Encourage customers to either print the offer, or simply show it on their smart phone screen when they visit you for specials and discounts.
- Encourage a social media campaign for your business: post things like “Love shopping at our store? Share it with us by tagging us in your photos!”. Or, encourage customers to “share” your links and offers with their Facebook friends.
- Build awareness of your products and your location: post photos of products, links to your location, or special things about your business and encourage customers to visit your local business.
- Run a photo contest: invite customers to share or post photos of themselves enjoying your products and services. Add a promotion by offering a discount if they show the photo at your store or location.