- Safety & Education
- Jupiter High School Criminal Justice Academy
Jupiter High School Criminal Justice Academy
The Criminal Justice Academy at Jupiter Community High School is an academic and career-preparation program for students serious about a career in law enforcement or criminal justice. The four year program is offered in partnership with the Town of Jupiter Police Department, which provides a unique opportunity for students to access expert local law enforcement knowledge. Courses, experience labs and training will be offered at the High School and at the neighboring Jupiter Police Department facility, which will offer students access to a International and State Accredited police department equipped and staffed with investigative, crisis management, and crime prevention personnel and equipment.
Why apply to the Criminal Justice Academy?
Many academies prepare students for higher education and a productive career. The Criminal Justice Academy does that and more:
- Challenging courses stress academics and applied skills.
- Leadership training develops character, integrity, and self-confidence.
- Balanced curriculum prepares students for the challenges of the workplace and college level work.
- Core coursework is recognized by Palm Beach Community College for 9 credits, saving time and money after graduation.
Minimum requirements for consideration:Students meeting the following criteria will be considered for the Academy:
- Must reside within the Jupiter High School attendance boundaries.
- Completed application.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA for 8th grade year.
- No more than 10 absences during the 8th grade year (extenuating circumstances will be reviewed).
- No disciplinary infractions level 2 or higher or no more than 2 level 1 referrals.
- No felony convictions or misdemeanors involving perjury or moral turpitude.