- Current Construction Projects Around the Town of Jupiter
- FDOT Improvement Project on SR 706/Indiantown Road
FDOT Improvement Project on SR 706/Indiantown Road
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) project aimed at enhancing SR 706/Indiantown Road from Florida's Turnpike to Central Boulevard is scheduled to start in the Fall of 2023. The project will last approximately 24 months, or until the Fall of 2025. This project is intended to improve traffic flow, safety, and infrastructure along this vital corridor in our community. The improvements to SR 706/Indiantown Road will benefit our community by enhancing safety and easing congestion. Here are the key details you need to know:
Project Length: 1.53 miles
Project Limits: Indiantown Road from Florida’s Turnpike to Central Boulevard
Start Date: Fall 2023
Completion Date: Fall 2025
Estimated Construction Cost: $7.5 Million
Scope of Work:
The project will encompass the following key improvements:
- Re-alignment and widening of the I-95 northbound to eastbound off-ramp at SR 706/Indiantown Road, along with the installation of a signal for the exit ramp.
- Widening of Indiantown Road to provide an additional lane in each direction, between I-95 and Central Boulevard.
- Widening of the bridge over the C-18 Canal in both directions.
- Introduction of new bike lanes along both eastbound and westbound Indiantown Road from Island Way to Central Boulevard.
- Construction of a new sidewalk in the eastbound direction from the entrance to Florida’s Turnpike to Island Way.
- Upgrades to signage and pavement markings.
During the construction period, some temporary closures and detours are expected, including:
- Temporary lane closures along Indiantown Road, which will be scheduled during off-peak hours to minimize disruptions.
- Occasional detours of the I-95 ramps, which may be required to facilitate certain construction activities. Advanced notice and guidance will be provided to ensure your safety and convenience.
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to see further detailed information, visit the project page on the FDOT's website. You can also reach out to the FDOT Project Manager, Anson Sonnett.
Anson Sonnett, P.E.
FDOT Project Manager
Phone: (954) 777-4474
Toll-Free: (866) 336-8435 ext. 4474