The Citizen Police Academy is a five week academy held to orientate, educate, and communicate with citizens and members of the business community on the operations of the Jupiter Police Department.
Dates for the next Citizen Police Academy Class: TBA
This is a five week program to:
- Create a partnership between you and your police department.
- Orient community members to the operations of the Jupiter Police Department.
- Open the doors of communication between citizens, members of the business community and the Jupiter Police Department.
- Officer Selection and Training
- Criminal Investigations
- Traffic and DUI Enforcement
- K-9 Behavior and Demonstration
- Drug Enforcement
- SWAT and Hostage Negotiations
- Beach and Parks Patrol
- Underwater Recovery
- Marine Patrol
Citizens and business people from Jupiter (surrounding communities based on available space) who have not been convicted of a felony. Applicants must have a photo ID and pass a criminal background check.
There is no cost to participate! Class includes a notebook, inserts, and certificate of completion.