Family Open Gym
There’s no better place to burn off some energy than at the Jupiter Community Center! The Recreation Department is excited to offer space for our residents to laugh and play together as a family while encouraging a healthy lifestyle. Bring your own ball for a family shoot around, Around The World, HORSE or Knockout. Play a family game of Freeze Tag, Crab Soccer, Red Light Green Light, or Simon Says. Enjoy some family fitness activities like jump rope, hula hoops or relay races. Come and have FUN together!
Family Open Gym Policies:
- To promote social distancing, gym usage will be limited and on a first come first serve basis. The maximum capacity per family is 6. Each quadrant of the gym will be limited to one family at a time.
- Game room will be limited to 1 family at a time on a first come first serve basis.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Everyone in the party must follow the open gym policies.
- Family Open Gym is for families only.
- We each have an important role in helping to ensure the health and safety of our community!
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth. Facial coverings or masks are required to be worn at ALL times while inside the Community Center. This includes entering, exiting and traversing through the facility, visiting the front desk, waiting for a program to begin, and socializing between activities. Facial coverings may ONLY be removed while participating in a strenuous physical activity (exercise).
- Stay 6 feet apart. Families are asked to maintain a social distance of 6ft between one another.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands or use sanitizer before and after events and sharing equipment.
- Avoid physical contact, such as shaking hands, high fives, fist bumps, hugging, etc.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
What activities will be available?
- Courts will be divided into: basketball, volleyball, soccer, and an open area for active games.
- Families are asked to bring their own equipment, basketball, volleyball, and soccer balls.
- Recreation will provide some play equipment that will be sanitized before and after use.
- The game room includes billiards, ping pong, air hockey and video games. Equipment may be checked out from the Community Center front desk.
What activities are not allowed?
- No pickup basketball games
- No contact activities
- No lessons, coaching or team practices
- No half court or full court play
- No training equipment
For the full Open Gym schedule, Open Gym Policies and COVID-19 procedures, please click here Version OptionsFamily Open GymHeadline .