COVID19 Beaches and Parks
Beginning Monday, May 18, Palm Beach County authorized the re-opening of beaches and beachfront parks. Residents will notice signage along the Jupiter beachfront alerting them to guidelines and rules for visiting the beach.
Enjoy the beach responsibly, and follow the rules and guidelines below to keep our beaches open:
- Limit groups and gatherings to 10 or less.
- Maintain social distancing to keep 6 feet between parties.
- Properly dispose of trash to avoid unsanitary conditions.
Law enforcement and public safety will be on patrol to ensure compliance with safety guidelines
On Thursday, June 11 Palm Beach County issued Emergency Order #2020-011 providing additional directives on recreational facilities (click here for a listing of executive orders). In line with those orders and guidelines, the Town has updated its park operations as follows:
- All Town parks will resume normal operating hours on Monday, June 15, 2020 (click here for a listing of parks and hours of operation).
- Family Use Hours Rules & Regulations will apply at those parks with athletic amenities; some fields and amenities may not be available due to maintenance, CDC guidelines and the guidelines listed in the Emergency Order.
- Abacoa Community Park
- The Jupiter Skate Park will be open to all participants beginning Monday, June 15, 2020. All CDC recommended social distancing guidelines must be adhered to throughout the park.
- The Skate Park will continue operating by reservation only for a maximum of 10 participants in each 90-minute session.
- Roller hockey rinks will open for a maximum of 10 participants at a time.
- These updated restrictions, hours, and sessions will be in place until further notice. User limits, rules, updated session times, and additional information can be found at www.jupiter.fl.us/skatepark. Please call the Jupiter Skate Park during operating hours at (561)630-5684 with any questions or to make a session reservation.
- Based on their amenities, the following parks will remain closed until further notice:
- Daily Park
- Eastview Manor
- Ofc. Bruce St. Laurent Park
- Old Town Hall Park
Restrictions on recreational activities in Town parks:
- All playgrounds, play and exercise equipment shall remain closed.
- Picnic pavilions at Jupiter Community Park remain closed.
- Use of water fountains is prohibited with the exception of bottle filler stations.
- Courts including basketball, tennis, Pickleball and racquetball courts are open; no congregating on courts or sidelines.
- Youth field sports are allowed with no more than 50 persons per field (players, coaches, spectators combined). All waiting players and spectators shall maintain 6 ft. physical distancing.
- Field sports shall promote hygiene and not permit hand slaps, huddles or shared water bottles and food. Sportsmanship shall continue in a touchless manner.
- Youth sports activities and leagues are permitted. Organizers and sponsors of youth sports activities and leagues should be familiar with CDC Considerations for Youth Sports and utilize them in identification and implementation of measures to protect players, coaches, instructors and spectators.
- Use of shared sports equipment is discouraged. Balls and team benches shall be disinfected before and after each practice or game.
- Natural areas, trails, jogging paths (one-way, unidirectional) are only open for walking, running, strolling and biking.
- Fish cleaning stations limited to one (1) person per station at a time. Proper cleaning and sanitation processes should always be practiced.
- Physical distancing at a minimum of ten (10) feet between fishermen must be followed.
Please continue to monitor federal, state and local orders and guidelines for further information. This information supersedes any other park information related to the COVID-19 pandemic.