Little Free Libraries - Book Donations
The Town of Jupiter will be accepting book donations of certain types of books for our new Little Free Library Program.
How do I donate?
You may begin bringing books to the Jupiter Community Center on Monday, September 10, 2018.
Before you start gathering your old and unwanted books, please read our Donation Guidelines; it is important that we all follow these guidelines in order to keep our Little Free Libraries safe, fun and up to date.
- We want everyone to have a chance to donate their books so we ask that you donate only enough books to fit in one Publix grocery bag; one bag per household per month will be accepted.
- Books should be clean; not dirty or moldy.
- Please do not bring books that are water damaged, stained, have excessive writing, markings or highlighting.
- Books must have covers and no pages missing.
- The Town of Jupiter reserves the right to discontinue book donations at any time due to limited space for inventory and refuse donations based on book conditions.
The types of books needed in both English and Spanish include:
- Gently used children’s books
- Hardcover fiction or non-fiction for all ages
- Mass market paperbacks in like new condition
- Text books
- Travel books (copyright within last 5 years)
- Trade paperbacks
- Technical reference books
If you have more books than our donation policy permits and would like to donate them, the Better World Books (BWB) organization accepts donations by mail. This organization uses proceeds from donations to help fund literacy all over the world. BWB provides free postage for up to 50lbs of books. Visit Better World Books for donation guidelines.
For questions and more information on the Town’s Little Free Libraries, please call the Jupiter Community Center at (561) 741-2400.