Little Free Libraries - Stewards
The Town is seeking neighborhood stewards who will act as caretakers to assist with ensuring our Little Free Libraries (LFL) remain stocked with appropriate materials, promote the LFL and make sure it is clean and inviting. Your primary purpose as a LFL Steward is to engage your friends and especially your neighbors so that every single person who comes in contact with your LFL feels like it’s THEIR Little Free Library & comes to care for it as much as you do.
✓ Do you enjoy reading several books a month?
✓ Are you friendly with some of your neighbors?
✓ Would you consider yourself creative?
✓ Would you like to share your love of reading with your neighbors?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you could help serve as a steward for the Town’s Little Free Libraries program. We currently have volunteers for each neighborhood and are seeking back up stewards or stewards to be in line for next year as volunteers will serve on a rotational basis. If you are interested and live in one of the following neighborhoods please fill out the application form by clicking on the register here button:
- Pine Gardens South
- Pine Gardens South
- Jupiter River Estates
- Indian Creek Eco-Island Park
- Abacoa Community Park
- Eastview Manor
- El Sol
Steward responsibilities include:
- Checking on your library daily to ensure it is tidy, well-stocked with appropriate materials and free of vandalism
- Restocking library with books from the Jupiter Community Center donation center
- Assisting the Town of Jupiter with sorting book donations as needed
- Spreading the word about your library throughout your neighborhood and encouraging residents to take part in the “take a book, leave a book” practice
- Reporting any library issues to the Town of Jupiter
- Networking with other Stewards to learn what works in their neighborhoods
- You can find more information "Just for Stewards" here
Let us know if you are interested in becoming one of our very special Little Free Library Stewards by clicking here and filling out our online form. We will be in touch about a 1-hour orientation at the Jupiter Community Center.
SAVE THE DATE:
Steward orientation will be held at the Jupiter Community Center (200 Military Trail Jupiter, FL 33458) on Dec. 4, 2018 from 6-7 pm.
If you have any questions contact Alessandra Tasca at (561) 741-2278 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org