Jupiter Community Center Gym Floor Resurfacing Project Update
Due to delays that occurred with the floor resurfacing project, the Main Gym will remain closed Monday, Sept. 9-Wednesday, Sept. 11. 50+ Basketball and Pickleball will be moved to the Multi-Purpose Gym during this time. We anticipate the Main Gym to reopen for play on Thursday, Sept. 12.We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Please see the schedule below for modified times and courtavailability:
September 9th-13th 50+ Basketballand Pickleball Schedule
Monday 9/9 8:00am-11:00am 50+ Basketball (MP Gym)
11:30am-2:30pm Pickleball (MP Gym- 3 courts)
Tuesday9/10 9:45am-11:30am 50+ Basketball (MP Gym)
Wednesday 9/11 8:00am-2:30pm Pickleball (MP Gym- 3 courts)
Thursday9/12 8:00am-11:00am 50+ Basketball (Main Gym)
Friday 9/13 8:00am-5:00pm Pickleball (Main Gym & MP Gym- 6 courts)
Effective July 26, 2019
Updated Drop-In Fees
- Incorporated Jupiter Residents: FREE
Drop In Fee: $3 • *Monthly Pass: $25
*Monthly pass is good for 1-month from the purchase date.
- There is ZERO TOLERANCE for rudeness. The Jupiter Recreation staff reserves the right to suspend players for any negative behaviors. Please remember that Pickleball is a game and should be played for fun and enjoyment.
NEW Check In Process
- All players must check-in at the Community Center front desk prior to play using their activity key fob. Check-in will not be allowed more than 10 minutes before the designated open play start time.
- Please be prepared to present your driver’s license for proof of residency. Unsure of your residency status? https://www.pbcgov.org/papa/ Opens a New Window.
- First time participants: Must sign an activity waiver and will be issued a key fob for check-in.
- If you are a non-resident and would like to play indoor pickleball you will have the option to pay a $3 daily drop-in rate or purchase a monthly pass for $25. The monthly pass is good for 1-month from the purchase date. Just to note that residents will not be impacted by these new procedures.
Self-Rating & Court Designations
- It is imperative that each player knows their rating before coming to an Open Play session. Please read the IFP Player Rating Descriptions to determine your skill level https://www.ifpickleball.org/ifp-rating-descriptions/ Opens a New Window.
- When both gyms are open 6 indoor courts are available for use during open play. The MP Gym (3 courts) will be designated for Beginner play (Rated 1.0-2.5) and The Main Gym (3 courts) will be designated for Intermediate/Advanced play (Rated 3.0-5.0)
- When one gym is available 3 indoor courts are available for use during open play.1 court will be designated for Beginner play (Rated 1.0-2.5) and 2 courts will be designated for Intermediate/Advanced play (Rated 3.0-5.0) .
- There is no guarantee for the number of games or amount of playtime.
What is Pickleball?
A paddle sport created for all ages and skill levels. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players.
- The Pickleball Guru’s Ratings & Goals Guide Opens a New Window.
- For official Pickleball rules visit the USA Pickleball Association Opens a New Window. .
- According to the USA Pickleball Association Opens a New Window. , there are more than 100,000 active players in the United States.