AARP Tax Aide
February 1st - April 17th, 2023
9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays
Jupiter Community Center, 200 Military Trail
The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program announces the opening of the 2023 tax season for the preparation of 2022 tax returns. Free tax preparation services will be provided to eligible taxpayers at the above days, times, and location. Tax returns will be prepared by appointment. Please note the following:
Taxpayers can come to the Jupiter Community Center to schedule their appointment on the following dates or any day tax services are offered, Remember to bring your 2021 tax return with you.
|Thursday January 19th||9:00 am to 10:30 pm|
|Friday January 20th||3:30 pm to 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday January 24th||8:30 am to 10:00 am|
|Wednesday January 25th||11:30 am to 1:00 pm|
- Any tax returns with capital gains and losses including but not limited to securities [stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.] won’t be prepared until after March 1st. Capital gains and losses are often shown on broker statements from financial institutions. This also includes tax returns with a sale of a residence.
- We will prepare tax returns with itemized deductions after March 1st and if time permits. Taxpayers will need to complete the tax site itemized deduction worksheets and bring their completed worksheets to their tax appointment.
- Self-employed taxpayers filing Schedule C will need to complete and bring to the tax site the self-employed worksheets to their tax appointment.
- Amended and prior year returns will not be prepared until after March 29th provided the original tax return was prepared and filed at the JCC site and with a filing date of at least three weeks after the initial return was filed.
- No tax returns will be started after noon, and no new intake will be done after 11:45.
Tax Aide Website: http://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide/ Opens in New Window Opens in New Window
Opens a New Window. What you may need: https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/info-01-2011/important-tax-documents.html
E-mail: email@example.com Opens a New Window.
For alternate locations Opens in New Window and tax questions please contact AARP directly at 888-687-2277 or visit their website Opens a New Window. . **Please DO NOT call the Community Center to make an appointment or to ask tax questions.**