CalendarContact UsSite MapFAQsFacebookTwitter

Go To Search
HomeEmail
RSSPrint
Jupiter Lighthouse
Conceived in 1851, the Jupiter Lighthouse was constructed in stages over the next eight years. The tower is constructed of brick. The lighthouse at Jupiter was first illuminated on July 10,1860. Over the years the humidity and sea air discolored the brick and it was painted red around 1910. The Light was converted to electricity in 1928.

Many stories and books have been written about the beautiful Jupiter Lighthouse. Here are some to enjoy.

Oldest Structure in the County

Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse

The Jupiter Lighthouse Sand Dune

Captain James A. Armour - "Forty Years on the Job"

American Lighthouse - The Bicentennial of American Lighthouses 2003