Serving on a Town board or committee is an opportunity to use your time and talents in public service to your community. There are several advisory boards and committees that have yearly appointments made by the Town Council.
The following advisory boards and committees have yearly appointments made by the Town Council:
- Art Committee – Works to beautify the Town’s Community Center through the exhibition of works of art. Meets on the first Monday of the month (except for the summer months) at 5 pm.
- Audit Committee – Provides the Town Council with advice and recommendations on matters related to the Town's audited financial statements. Meets three times per year.
- Beach Committee – Meets quarterly to make beach areas more attractive, physically healthier and accessible.
- Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals – Hears appeals concerning interpretations and enforcement of the building and technical codes. Meets on an as-needed basis.
- Historic Resources Board – Promotes the preservation and conservation of historic and archaeological resources and makes recommendations to the Town Council regarding applications for historic designation, certificates of appropriateness, digs, demolition permits, and nomination of properties to the National Register of Historic Places. Meets monthly on the third Monday at 6 pm.
- Planning and Zoning Commission – Makes formal recommendations to the Town Council regarding land use, site and appearance plans for new projects. Meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7 pm.
- Police Pension Board – Administers the Municipal Police Officer’s Retirement Fund. A background and general understanding of finance, investments, and the stock market is preferred. Meets quarterly on the second Monday of the month at 10 am.
For more information, please view the Boards and Committees page.