Infill and Redevelopment
New Regulations for Infill and Redevelopment
Presented February 14, 2011
Town Adopts New Codes to Support Business Community and Encourage Redevelopment
Over the past three years, several changes have been adopted to reduce the processing requirements for many planning and zoning applications. The latest changes include more flexible development regulations in order to promote upgrades to older developments, and encourage infill and redevelopment in most areas of the town. The Town's parking regulations were also updated.
The recent changes include:
- Providing incentives to encourage upgrades, infill development and the redevelopment of existing areas and buildings;
- Allowing flexibility to the standard development requirements;
- Promoting the revitalization of developed areas;
- Allowing accessory residential units on non-residential properties; and
- Reducing the public hearing requirements for certain development applications.
- Center Street and North Alternate A1A;
- Inlet Village; and
- Toney Penna Drive (east of Military Trail).
- Redevelopment Overlay District (ROA) Maps (PDF)