Citizen Survey & Community Focus Groups
Community Focus Groups The Town holds community focus groups bi-annually in order to get residents' and businesses' inputs on issues facing Jupiter, initiatives that should be considered, and overall direction of the community. These focus groups are one aspect of community input that the Town Council can use to assess community needs and wants.
National Citizen Survey: A Biannual Survey of Jupiter's Residents
The Town of Jupiter conducts a survey of its residents to assess residents' views on services, programs and policies, and to benchmark and compare those results against other jurisdictions in Florida and nationally. Since 2009, Jupiter has used the National Citizen Survey, or NCS, a tool offered by the National Research Center and the International City Manager's Association (ICMA). The tool is used by many cities and counties across the nation to assess and benchmark their levels of service.
Results from the 2015/2016 Jupiter Citizen Survey
- 2015/2016 Summary Presentation of Results: A high-level presentation of the results.
- 2015/2016 Community Livability Report: This report is the most universal and summarizes all the results and key findings.
- 2015/2016 Dashboard Summary of Findings: This report offers a simplified (“rolled up”) quantitative view of the data, as well as comparison to past results and to national and Florida benchmarks for each question.
- 2015/2016 Trends over Time: This report reveals how resident perspectives and behaviors have changed across two or more administrations of the survey. It offers a high level view of how rankings have changed as well as relative position to the benchmark.
- 2015/2016 Comparisons by Geographic Subgroups: This report discusses differences in opinion of survey respondents by four different geographic areas of neighborhoods within the Town.
- 2015/2016 Technical Appendices: The appendices include the details about survey methods, individual response options selected for each question – with and without the “don’t know” option – and detailed benchmark results, including benchmarks to national and Florida communities.
- 2015/2016 Supplemental Web Results: This report shows results from a supplemental, "un-scientific" web-only sample of participants that is not weighted to current population statistics for Jupiter.
Results from the 2013/2014 Jupiter Citizen Survey
- 2013/2014 Summary Presentation of Results.
- 2013/2014 Community Livability Report.
- 2013/2014 Dashboard Summary of Findings.
- 2013/2014 Trends over Time.
- 2013/2014 Comparisons by Geographic Subgroups.
- 2013/2014 Technical Appendices.
- The NCS User Guide.
Results from the November, 2011 Citizen Survey
- 2011 Summary Presentation of Results
- 2011 Survey Results - Full Report
- 2011 Survey Results - Benchmark Report (how Jupiter compares to other jurisdictions)