Free Yoga for Vets
Monday | 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | Community Center
Wednesday | 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | Community Center
***FREE to veterans, service members and their families.***
- The Jupiter Community Center will be closed from Tuesday, August 30 through Wednesday, September 7 for the annual wood floor maintenance in the gym, dance room and stage.
- All classes, activities, in-person registration and new facility reservations will be suspended during this time; Primary Elections Voting will be available on Tuesday, August 30 from 10:00 AM-6:00 PM.
- Facility key rental pick up/drop off will be coordinated prior to closing dates.
- Online services will be available.
- You may contact the main Recreation number, (561) 741-2400, Monday-Friday (except Labor Day), from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, to speak to Recreation staff.
- Staff will not be available at the Community Center or Town Hall during these dates.
- We will resume normal operating hours on Thursday, September 8, 2016.
- We apologize for any inconvenience. Should you have any questions please call 561-741-2400.
Delivers free yoga to veterans, service members and their families across the country. We rely on local yoga teachers to support the free classes, often including volunteer assistants based on the age and mobility of the students.
Is paramount and we measure our success directly by the changes we see and the feedback we get from the men and women who attend our classes
It is Powerful...
To hear about a student who couldn’t close their eyes because they were always on the “look-out”- now drift into peaceful relaxation after an hour of stretching and breathing.
Connected Warrior Benefits...
Yoga students generally feel benefits in the following areas:
- Sleep longer and more deeply
- Strength, flexibility, balance and focus
- Heightened cardiovascular conditioning
- Weight management
- Improved immune functions
- Manages the symptoms of PTSD and TBI
Instructor: Beth Green
Should you have any questions please call 741-2400. All participants must register and sign liability waiver at the front desk prior to participation.